We're just back from J & Beyond, full of energy and inspiration from a fantastic event. Huge thanks to Robert and the team for once again making it happen.
The three days were packed with great talks and discussions.
Find out more at...
- All the talks on YouTube
Our talk was on Joomla DevOps, CI & CD.
The talk synopsis is...
This talk will provide a gourmet buffet of information and ideas for dev-ops, continuous integration and continuous deployment. It'll include a good spread of practical details on tools and systems, and their use with Joomla, that you can take home and try with your Joomla development and deployment. It'll include, among other aspects...
- Deployment automation
- Using Joomla docker containers
- Automated deployment with Akeeba UNiTE
- Scripting options and choosing between node.js, shell and php
- Headless browser options like Casper, PhantomJS and Zombie.js
- CI platform options, like GitLab, Bamboo, Travis, Jenkins and GoCD
- Simple monitoring solutions
- Diagnostic tools
The talk is supported by a repository of example code and notes in GitHub at https://github.com/AndyGaskell/J_and_Beyond_2017